Recipe Difficulty: Easy No Bake
My No Bake Granola Bar Recipe Notes
I love these no bake vegan granola bars so much. They are super quick to throw together and I like having them on hand for a quick breakfast or snack. These granola bars are salty, sweet and peanut butter-y.
For sweetness I use vegan honey in these. Specifically, "Blond Vegan Un-Honey" from Single Origin Foods. It's a DELICIOUS alternative that is made from coconut nectar. It drizzles just like honey, and it works perfectly in these granola bars.
Feel free to use your favourite nut and seeds combinations. In the granola bars pictured I did sub out some of the pumpkin seeds for dried cranberries. Anything works!
I don't always drizzle chocolate on top, but it is definitely good. Just melt some chocolate with a tiny bit of coconut or veg oil until it is "drizzly", and drizzle over the bars before cutting them. I sprinkled the top with extra chopped dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. I find it easiest to slice the bars before the chocolate hardens.
No Bake Honey Nut & Oat Granola Bars Recipe
Yield : 24 granola bars
3 cups oats
1 1/4 cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped (big chunks are good for crunch)
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted and left whole
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted and left whole
3 tbsp ground flax seeds (optional)
3 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
1. Line a 9 x 13-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix all the ingredients except for the honey, peanut butter and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Heat the honey and peanut butter over medium heat until it bubbles. Stir in the vanilla. Remove from heat then pour the over the oat and nut mixture. Using a rubber spatula fold, stir and mix it all together until it is evenly mixed together. Took me maybe a couple minutes to really get it well combined.
4. Dump into your prepared pan. Now run your hands under some water really quick to prevent your hands from sticking and press the mixture into the pan. You want to really pack it down as firmly and evenly as possible, so they hold together.
5. Pop them in the fridge, then remove and cut into 24 bars. If you want, drizzle some chocolate on top when you take them out of the fridge, sprinkle with some extra dried fruit, nuts and sea salt and then slice before the chocolate hardens. Keep stored in the fridge or freezer.
Share with friends or hoard them all to yourself!!!
I buy Elan Products fairly often. They are great quality. Shop below.
Leave a Reply.
Hey! I'm Trisha